Closure and restrictions of Shire services
Due to Government announcements and to help keep the community safe from Covid-19 the following closures and restrictions on service apply, effective immediately.
- The Visitor Information Centre is now closed.
- Yarliyil Art Gallery is now closed.
- The Shire library is now closed.
- The Post office is restricted to two customers in the shop at any one time. For those queuing outside there should be a 1.5 metre separation between each person.
- The aquatic and recreation centre including the pool and gym are now closed to the public.
- The water fountains and the basketball courts and recreation centre are closed.
- The main Shire reception and transport licensing is to remain open. A restriction of two customers in the main Shire reception area applies. For those queuing outside, please keep a separation of 1.5 metres.
- Waste Management operations remain the same. Tuesday and Friday collections remain. Every other day for commercial premises remains in place. The tip remains open.
- Ranger services continue; however, rangers will only go out to communities if they are called to do so.
- Environmental Health promotions remain in place
- Mosquito fogging will continue.
- The Shire will soon introduce the disinfectant spraying of public places.
We appreciate everyone’s cooperation. We will provide updates when they come to hand.
Chief Executive Officer
23 March 2020